Wine courses, training courses, seminars and wine events
Started by wine lovers, for wine lovers, the educational institute of Winefield’s Auctioneers is located above our wine cellars in Amsterdam. The Internationally recognised wine diplomas of The Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET level 2 & 3) are expertly led by our passionate team of wine specialists. The academy offers tailor-made (company)training, either on location, or in our tasting room. And it doesn’t all have to end with a WSET exam. We also host seminars. Ideal for a short, but deep dive into your favourite glass of wine!
Our adaptable, stylish tasting room can accommodate: business events, intimate tastings or a roaring drinks etiquette tasting party. And as wine market leaders in the Netherlands and Singapore, we love to share our expertise with wine enthusiasts and investors.
Develop a foundational knowledge with the wine course for beginners
WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines
Would you like to refresh your knowledge? Or choose a wine beyond the price tag and label?
○ Learn the essential basic knowledge about viticulture and the wine production process.
○ Gain a thorough knowledge of worldwide wine regions and the well-known grape varieties.
○ Follow the well-known technical WSET® tasting method in each lesson to taste a selection of good and quality wines, which contribute to a high tasting level experience and development.
At the end of this WSET® certified wine course you will take an exam of 50 multiple choice questions. After successful completion of this exam, you will receive the WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines wine diploma.
Expand your wine knowledge with the advanced wine course
WSET® Level 3 Award in Wines
Are you a real wine connoisseur and would like to expand your wine knowledge even further?
○ Learn to approach wine from an analytical perspective; your expertise in the technical WSET® tasting method will be further deepened.
○ Taste an exquisite range of top wines from Bordeaux and Burgundy.
○ Take a tour of the major wine regions and expand your knowledge of viticulture and wine production from all parts of the world.
This course can be accessed by students who either have previously passed the Level 2 Awards in Wines and Spirits or demonstrate a similar level of knowledge. After successfully completing the exam, which consists of a theoretical and tasting part, you will receive the internationally recognized Wine Diploma WSET® Level 3 Award in Wines.
Kamerling Onneslaan 22
Our contemporary office space has been specifically designed for optimal tasting conditions. We can accommodate a minimum of 24 students, with a professional tasting table and lighting.
Join us in our tasting room !